We’re WOW, a new innovative retail concept on a mission to make retail exciting again!
WOW aims to become the global go-to marketplace for early adopters to discover what’s new. In short, we’re an omni channel platform that combines unique physical locations and an online marketplace (WOWShop.com) and partners with Direct to Consumer brands and established brands to create unique retail experiences.
With a very customer centric approach, our goal is to constantly surprise our clients with outstanding customer experiences and carefully curated product selections, from established brands to up and coming designers. We’re here for the crazy ones, the early adopters, the ones who see things differently and want to experiment, try new things and are open to be surprised.
Launched in 2020 and backed by VC FJLabs we’ve secured our first location in Madrid, with plans to open late 2021. The building has 5.500 sqm and is located at the city center in Gran Via, Spain’s first and Europe’s third most busy street in terms of footfall.
As part of the Marketplace team, you'll define and implement the overall marketing strategy. Supported by an internal team and supporting agencies, with a clear focus in scaling the marketplace's traffic and members, you'll have to align and communicate the strategy with all stakeholders to ensure an efficient implementation. With an agile mindset, you'll closely monitor its global performance to quickly learn and adapt as new results present.
What You’ll do
- Develop the online go-to-market plan, owning and managing the online marketing budget, and deciding on the optimum spend allocation across countries and channels (PPC, SEO, Display, RTB, Paid Media and Analytics)
- Monitor, automate and optimize performance of each marketing channel; driving opportunities for improvement
- Plan, set up, steer, and optimize the CRM (emails/push notifications), programmatic display campaigns, and paid social media campaigns
- Develop and drive initiatives to improve traffic, conversion, and customer engagement
- Provide regular mid- and final reports, collect lessons learned and best practices, and provide recommendations
- Perform campaign analysis capturing all traffic channels and delivering recommendations on how to optimize
Who you are
- Proactive self-starter, demonstrating high initiative and critical thinking
- Passionate for e-commerce, emerging brands and lifestyle trends
- A great communicator and negotiator with a sales mindset that has the ability to build relationships and influence others
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for channels, retailers and products
- You are creative thinking and forward thinking
- Organized and methodical, managing projects from initial outreach and negotiation to 360 concept creation, campaign execution, KPI tracking, budgeting, reporting and analysis
- You are technically and analytically savvy and know how to synthesize data into significant key insights
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and have a scrappy, roll-up-your-sleeves willing to take action attitude
- A person who does not accept t ‘average’ or ‘ok’, and believes that only excellence is acceptable
- A natural collaborator with outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Action Oriented: proactive and able to move projects forward without continuous motivation or direction
Experience you bring
- You hold an advanced degree in Business, Management, Economics and related fields
- You have already gained relevant experiences in fields that may include marketing, online retail, merchandising, etc. ideally 5+ years
- Expert market insight on content-topics and facilitate decision-making through business cases. Build business/investment case proposals for Review rounds, ongoing competitor benchmarking and research
- You are truly customer-centric, backed by strong commercial acumen. Preferably you’re fluent with basic marketing fundamentals, if not, a genuine enthusiasm to develop it on the job
- Data-driven and superb analytical skills to enact tactical changes based on customer behavior analysis to improve commercial return
- Proven experience building positive working relationships, cross-functional teams, including demonstrated success in managing and influencing without direct authority
- Experience with Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data Visualization tools, e.g. Tableau, is a plus
- You’re fluent in English (both written and spoken) and Spanish. A third language is a plus
All for one, one for all is part of our DNA, hence, you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the growth of a company with a very big ambition at a very early stage
- Join a company where people come first in a young and unbeatable work dynamic environment and great talent where we truly live our values
- Join a team of co-founders and investors with a successful company-building track record